codeSpark Academy with The Foos (iOS)
Introduction to Coding for Kids 4+
codeSpark Academy with The Foos is the #1 learn to code program for kids 4-9! This award-winning coding for kids app has been downloaded and played by over 4 million kids in 201 countries.
codeSpark Academy teaches the basics of computer programming through a variety of interactive learning activities including puzzles, games, step-by-step creative projects, game design and offline printables – all of which can be monitored by parents.
“My 5 year old does not want to stop playing this. He caught on very quickly!”
“My daughters are 6 and 8 and this is their new favorite game. Now they want to be programmers!”
* Personalized daily activities based on your child’s progress.
* Supports 3 individual child profiles.
* Kids learn key programming concepts and use them to code their own projects in Foo Studio.
* Curriculum developed based on collaboration with and research from MIT, Princeton and Carnegie Mellon.
* Word-free. Anyone, anywhere can play.
* Perfect for pre-readers, ELL students and kids with reading and focus-related challenges.
* Built with kick-butt girl heroes and game-play.
* No collection of your child’s private data.
* No advertising or micro-transactions
* No written communication between players or external parties.
* No commitments or hassles and you can cancel at any time.
PRESS & AWARDS:
codeSpark has been featured in USA Today, NPR, The LA Times, Forbes and more.
codeSpark teaches basic computer programming skills — "the ABCs of coding"— with no reading necessary
"[codeSpark Academy] is easy to learn, full of playful characters and it's easy to experiment."
- Children's Technology Review
"Most appealing to me as a parent was seeing how my children enjoyed working together on the puzzles"
- Parents' Choice Awards
*** 2016 American Association of School Librarians - Best Apps for Teaching and Learning
*** 2016 Kidscreen Awards - Best Learning App for Kids ***
*** 2016 KAPi Awards – Best App or Product for Younger Children ***
*** 2015 Parents’ Choice — Gold Medal ***
*** Apple Editor’s Choice & Top Educational App ***
We’ve teamed up with Princeton and Harvey Mudd professors and child development experts to turn programming into play. Kids learn to code via a series of exciting adventures and are given a set of custom activities to do every day. codeSpark Academy is inspired by visual programming languages such as Scratch from MIT, Alice from Carnegie Mellon University and other ‘beginner’ programming languages like Logo, SmallTalk, and Squeak.
Our word-free interface allows anyone, anywhere to play. They’ll track down a sneaky donut thief, rescue puppies lost in space and serve up gourmet meals while mastering core computer science concepts such as pattern recognition, problem solving, sequencing, spatial visualization, algorithmic thinking, debugging, loops and conditionals.
Our creative space Foo Studio allows kids to put programming concepts to work by making video games and programming interactive stories. Creations can then be played and remixed by other Foo coders around the globe.
Our curriculum is standards aligned, and available for free online
To be successful, kids must:
* Determine the actions needed to solve each Foo’s problem
* Order actions in a logical sequence
* Recognize patterns
* Use those patterns to make their code more efficient
* Test solutions
* Learn from tests and try revised solutions
codeSpark Academy is FREE for public school teachers, librarians, and verified non-profit educational institutions. codeSpark Academy is already used in thousands of schools, and was voted top choice by teachers and librarians for introducing computer science in elementary schools. Additionally our FREE teacher dashboard allows educators to track student progress and turn on and off parts of the app. Visit dashboard.thefoos.com to create your free teacher account.
codeSpark is delivering computer science education to kids in over 200 countries by turning programming into play. The company was founded when our CEO wanted to introduce his daughters to coding and couldn’t find any resources, let alone girl-friendly ways, to learn the ABC's of computer science.
Games & Applications Type:
- Product Photos
The Foos: Coding for Kids 5+ (Web Version)
codeSpark Academy Teacher Dashboard
codeSpark Academy with The Foos (Android)
Division I Have Who Has Game
by Susan Powers PYP Teaching Tools
Top 10 Kids' Movies Inferencing & Logic Puzzles
by Beth Hammett